vipph Marcos assures safety of Veloso, thanks Indonesian authorities

President Ferdinand “Bongbong” R. Marcos, Jr. (PHOTO”Official Facebook page of PCO)
MANILA, Philippines — President Ferdinand “Bongbong” R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday said that law enforcement agencies will guarantee the safety and welfare of Mary Jane Veloso, who returned to Manila earlier that day after being detained in Indonesia for almost 15 years.
In a statement, the President also reiterated his gratitude to the Indonesian government for allowing Veloso’s transfer of custody to the Philippines.
Article continues after this advertisement“We take this opportunity to extend our gratitude to the Indonesian government and to all who have extended assistance for the welfare of Ms. Mary Jane Veloso,” Marcos said.
FEATURED STORIES NEWSINFO Paolo Duterte OK with probe, but says it must not be based on hearsay NEWSINFO Quad comm seeks crimes against humanity raps vs Duterte, Bato, Bong Go NEWSINFO MMDA issues coding suspension schedule for the holidays“We assure the Filipino people that Ms. Veloso’s safety and welfare is paramount, and our agencies in the justice and law enforcement [sectors] shall continue to ensure it, as our Indonesian counterparts have safeguarded it for so long,” he added.
Marcos further said that the successful transfer of Veloso was made possible by the Philippines’ “strong friendship and cooperation” with the Indonesian government.
Article continues after this advertisementVeloso, convicted of drug trafficking in Indonesia, was placed in the custody of Philippine officials on the evening of December 17.
Article continues after this advertisementShe was accompanied by officials from the Department of Foreign Affairs, National Bureau of Investigation, Bureau of Immigration, and Bureau of Corrections upon her return to Manila around 5:40 a.m. on December 18.
Arthaland on Thursday said the capital infusion would be done via its subscription to 180,000 of the unissued preferred shares of Bhavya Properties Inc. for P100 each.
Article continues after this advertisementStraight from Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Veloso was transferred to the Correctional Institution for Women (CIW) in Mandaluyong City, where she will be detained.
The convoy transporting Veloso arrived at the CIW at 7:06 a.m.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter